Essential DutieS and Responsibilities
• Prepares and sets up machinery as required for scheduled production runs.
• Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production and batching equipment.
• Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
• Diagnoses problems replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Detects faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Operates different types of forklifts.
• Complies with OSHA safety and rules.
Experience in the following Equipment:
• Plumbing/piping/pip threading
• Electrical conduit installation
• Electrical distribution
• Boilers (high steam pressure)
• Boilers chemicals – testing and feed water systems
• Air compressor – screw type
• Air dryers
• Basic pneumatics and hydraulics
• Basic welding – arc, MIG, oxygen / acetylene
• Fabrication (metal)
• Pumps – gear type (positive displacement) motor and pump coupling
• Forklift repair – LP type
• Motors – induction AC and DC
Education Qualifications & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Some college preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in maintenance and/or equivalent formal education in industrial mechanical/electrical maintenance as well as preventative maintenance.
• Electrically inclined in industrial liquid packaging; pints, gallons, F style bottles, including cappers, cap torque machines, lid de-nesters, labelers, coders and box erectors.
• Previous experience in boilers, pumps, mixers, conveyors, stretch wrappers, and palletizers.
• Proficiency usage of a digital Volt, Ohm, Amp meter when testing electrical circuitry.
• Experience and knowledge in hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, fabricating, electrical (AC/DC circuits), HVAC, air compressors, air dryers, building and grounds maintenance, and forklifts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision from verbal, written and diagrammed instructions installing and maintaining manufacturing and plant equipment.
• Should be able to read electrical motor control ladder logic prints as well as be able to draw electrical motor control ladder logic prints.
• Must have basic understanding in Programmable Logical Controls and basic electronics.
• Must be able to work from mechanical / electrical diagrams and/or blueprint(s) as well as maintenance manuals.
• Skill in welding and fabrication a plus.
• Industrial experience along with programmable controllers is helpful.
ROMAN is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.