Order Processing Specialist
Essential DutieS and Responsibilities
• Ensure store orders are emailed and address minimums and proper pricing. Multiple CMS order revisions may be required. (i.e. Amazon, Home Depot, Ace, Lowe’s, Sherwin-Williams).
• Prepare daily sales, flash report & graph based on orders received and shipped/invoiced.
• Generate weekly reports to support the VP of Sales & Marketing team.
• Pull product, pack and ship materials, products, literature and sales tools for trade shows, Pro Shows, Key Customer Events and/or Key Customer Meetings as assigned.
• Set up new customers in ERP (CMS).
• Assign customer specific part numbers (if necessary).
• Maintain the Marketing Funds / Co-op Funds Matrix to breakdown by customer of monthly, quarterly and yearly deductions determined from their negotiated programs and/or vendor agreements.
• Maintain record of credits and or checks associated with deductions.
• Populate profitability template provided by VP of Sales & Marketing
• Implement and track special pricing for jobs, shows, and promotions.
• Meet with VP of Finance monthly to ensure funds are accurately paid and/or deducted and are logged on the matrix.
Education Qualifications & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 2- 3 years of order processing experience.
• Familiar with ERP systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Order processing skills.
• Friendly disposition, consistent positive approach.
• Collaboration skills: Must work efficiently and effectively with all disciplines at ROMAN, and with all customers.
• Creative problem-solving skills (thinking outside the box).
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
• Math skills required to calculate and build trucklo.ad orders, to calculate / proof price quotes, and to prepare daily ‘flash’ report.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Excellent written communication skills; the crafting of professional email messages to customers is a critical requirement.
• Excellent verbal communication skills required to speak with and problem solve with customers.
• Ability to navigate in an older ERP system.
ROMAN is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.