Essential DutieS and Responsibilities
• Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance and site/faculty maintenance.
• Supervise union employees in the Production and Maintenance Department with the assistance of hourly group leaders
• Develop and maintain manufacturing operations plans to include all production requirements, SOP’s, labor hours, cycle, and production costs.
• Provide direction for scheduling, production capacity and planning to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Provide guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs.
• Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
• Direct and implement safety and housekeeping program with a support of safety systems and enforcement of rules and policies.
• Perform accident investigations and follow-up corrective action not limited to employee training.
• Direct manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
• Direct and promote operations in a continuous improvement environment for employees to reach production efficiency goals by utilizing performance metrics.
Education Qualifications & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Exposure managing in a union environment.
• Experience in process flow and automated manufacturing, blended and packaged product industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent project management.
• Develops ways to improve and promote quality.
• Ability to supervise, strong team building, delegate and support employee’s efforts to succeed.
• Maintain confidentiality, build morale, motivate, problem solves, and sets expectations to group goals and objectives.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, perform as a leader under high pressure, and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
• Excellent negotiation skills with carriers and other outside contractors.
• Working knowledge of inventory software system and excellent computer skills
• Knowledge of production planning in a manufacturing environment.
• ERP experience is a plus.
Company Benefits – List of Benefits for which you may be eligible:
• Medical Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision)
• 401K with Company Match
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation and Personal Days
• STD & LTD
• Life Insurance Policy
• Flexible Spending Account Option
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require reasonable accommodation in the application process, please call Human Capital at 847-545-4660. All other applications must be submitted online.
ROMAN is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.