ROMAN’s assortment of clay wallcovering adhesives are ideal for heavyweight wallcoverings and commercial installations. Our clay adhesives are formulated with natural clay to create low moisture, high tack adhesives ideal for medium weight to heavyweight materials. These adhesives provide maximum tack, extended open-time, and clean up easily with water. All ROMAN adhesives contain biocides to help resist the growth of mold and mildew in the pail and on the adhesive film.
Clay wallcovering adhesives are ideal for a wide variety of wallcoverings, including:
- Commercial weight wallcoverings
- Vinyl and vinyl-coated wallcoverings
- Wood veneers
With a variety of clay adhesives to choose from, ROMAN has the ideal adhesive for your job. Our lineup of clay adhesives includes:
- PRO-774 Clay Strippable: For commercial weight wallcoverings, PRO-774 is formulated to flow easily through pasting machines.
- PRO-732 Extra-Strength Clay: For medium weight to heavyweight wallcoverings, including wood veneers.
- ECO-788 Clear Strippable: For medium weight to heavyweight wallcoverings, ECO-788 is a Zero VOC* adhesive certified to comply with the NSF/ANSI 342 Sustainability Standard.
ZERO VOC as calculated per EPA method 24.
Be confident with your adhesive selection, go with the pros and choose ROMAN, the No. 1 Contractor Brand.
WHICH CLAY ADHESIVE IS RIGHT FOR MY WALLCOVERING?
First, check if the wallcovering manufacturer recommends a particular type of adhesive. Always follow the manufacturer’s adhesive recommendations when available. Then consider what qualities are most important for your project. Some examples of the questions we ask, and the recommended adhesive are listed below:
- Does the wallcovering need to strip easily when it’s time to redecorate?
- Is this a heavyweight wallcovering that needs a heavy-duty adhesive with maximum tack?
- Is sustainability and indoor air quality of top importance?
Still not sure which paste is right for your job? Feel free to contact us with any questions you have. We are happy to help make sure your installation is a success.