ROMAN offers a wide variety of wallcovering adhesives for every type of project. Choosing the correct adhesive for the job can be difficult for even the most experienced professional installer. Each kind of wallcovering adhesive offers a different set of features and benefits. Some adhesives are designed to strip easily when it’s time to redecorate. Others are formulated to hang heavyweight materials like wall carpet and wood veneers. Understanding what features are most important for your project will help you make an educated adhesive selection.
Some terms you may need to know, include:
- Strippable adhesives are formulated to make removal easier, with less damage. These adhesives are designed to dry with tiny fracture points that allow the wallcovering to strip from the wall without tearing the underlying drywall.
- Open-time describes how much working time is available until the paste dries out. A long open-time allows for multiple adjustments and repositioning.
- Tack describes the initial stickiness of an adhesive. Wallcovering adhesives with high wet-tack are ideal for installing heavier weight wallcoverings.
- Slip describes the ability to slide a wallcovering into position. All of ROMAN’s wallcovering adhesives promote slip allowing for easier pattern matching.
Be confident with your adhesive selection, go with the pros and choose ROMAN, the No. 1 Contractor Brand.
WHICH ADHESIVE IS RIGHT FOR MY WALLCOVERING?
First, check if the wallcovering manufacturer recommends a particular type of adhesive. Always follow the manufacturer’s adhesive recommendations when available. Then consider what features are most important for your project. Some examples of the questions we ask, and the recommended adhesive are listed below:
- Does the wallpaper need to strip easily when it’s time to redecorate?
- Is this a heavyweight wallcovering that needs a heavy-duty adhesive?
- Is sustainability and indoor air quality of top importance?
Still not sure which paste is right for your job? Feel free to contact us with any questions you have. We are happy to help make sure your installation is a success.