WALLCOVERING PRIMERS – PREPPING FOR WALLPAPER
Priming, also known as sizing, helps prepare walls for a successful wallcovering installation. ROMAN has a number of different products, each designed for preparing varying surface conditions. These include primers formulated to help repair damaged drywall, to promote adhesion on hard to adhere to surfaces, or to increase strippability of wallpaper. All ROMAN products contain biocides to help resist the growth of mold and mildew in the pail and on the coating film. Be sure to start your job right with ROMAN.
With a wide variety to choose from, ROMAN has the ideal primer for your job. Our lineup includes:
- PRO-999 Rx-35 Sealer/Primer: Seals and locks down porous surfaces like skim coats, spackling, residual wallpaper paste, popcorn ceilings, contractors flat paint or mud joints.
- PRO-977 Ultra Prime: Promotes strippability and is particularly excellent for use on bare drywall and sound water-based paint.
- PRO-935 R-35 Adhesion Promoting Primer: Adhesion promoting, clear acrylic wallpaper primer ideal for non-porous surfaces, such as ceramic tile, formica, and glass.
- PRO-909 Vinyl Prep: Clear acrylic wallpaper primer for general purpose applications, such as over sound paint.
- ECO-988 Pigmented Primer: Pigmented, water-based wallcovering primer – ideal for use in new construction and with permeable or micro-vented wallcoverings.
Be confident with your product selection, go with the pros and choose ROMAN, the No. 1 Contractor Brand.
WHICH PRIMER IS RIGHT FOR MY WALLCOVERING?
First, check if the wallpaper manufacturer recommends a particular type of primer. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations when available. Then ask yourself what qualities are most important. Some examples of the questions we ask, and the recommended primer are listed below:
- Does the wall surface need to be skim coated or repaired before installing wallpaper?
- Is the wall surface sealed and difficult to adhere to?
- Is sustainability and indoor air quality of top importance?
Still not sure which primer is right for your job? Feel free to contact us with any questions you have. Also, be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to some of our more common questions. We are happy to help make sure your installation is a success.